TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a life changing experience

In the ever mysterious path we call life, NOTHING IS PERMANENT. You and I exist in this world in momentarily. We hate to admit it but it’s true. So true. We hold nothing eternal in our hands except CHANGE.
This morning, I saw my life turning upside down. I never imagine that everything could end in one flip of a finger. I was on my way to work like the usual. It was a fine Tuesday. I was not rushing. I was even smiling while walking in the pavements of Shaw Boulevard. By my watch it was about 7am. I told myself “Chelle, you have lots of time.” Yeah maybe I have or I thought I have. I was never late for work. I am always on time. I have to be there by 7:30 am or else I am dead meat. It was a very peaceful journey. I even saw Mr. Arenas and I remember him saying “Why are you wearing slippers?” I told him that it would be safer and easier to go to work wearing slippers. I went ahead of him after that chit-chat.
A tune by Sitti Navarro was playing in my head while thinking of what would happen the entire day. I passed by a tall, fat, dark man. I think if I measured it correctly my height would reach up to the middle of his chest. I went ahead of him. He was walking right behind me, rushing if I am not mistaken. I didn’t know what happened but this man suddenly bumped into my back when I was about to cross the street. Since I cannot fully see the road ahead because some eye condition I have I lost balance. I saw my self falling and hitting the ground. Then, I heard a loud speedy sound and in the corner of my eye it was a silhouette of a big car coming. Memories of the past flashed in my head just like a dramatic movie. The faces of the people I love and value showed. I closed my eyes. I realized death was coming for me.
I don’t know what came to me why I uttered “Lord bahala kana. Oras ko na ata.” Then I hit the ground. I heard people shouting. “Yung babae! Yung babae! Nasagasaan ata. Patay ata!” I opened my eyes and I was stunned to see that my head or my right cheek to be exact was almost two inches away from the right wheel of the car that was about to crash me in to pieces.
It was God’s grace.
I am still alive and sharing with you this experience. I recognized that it was a Nissan Terrano.
My two central front teeth were chipped. The dentist at work told me that it could be fixed with the aid of light cure filing. I have a few bruises. But I’ll be fine. It just came to me that we don’t own our lives. IT IS HIS.
If I died at that moment
I would not be able to tell my Mom and Dad how much I love them.
I would not be able to hug my brother and sister.
I would not be able to tell my boss that I am happy working at LSM.
I would not be able to tell Mike and Niko that I really appreciate them
I would not be able to show my ASSET orgmates that I enjoy being with them.
I would not be able to tell my sister’s boyfriend that he is a part of the family already.
I would not be able to tell Rachel that she is always welcome in the house.
I would not be able to tell my bestfriend that 15 years with her could extend beyond eternity.
I would not be able to tell my UST friends that I miss them.
I would not be able to sing for the Lord again
I would not be able to show PETER HOW SPECIAL HE IS TO ME.
From this experience I Learned that we should always give our best in everything we do.
LIFE IS SO SHORT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.

No comments: