TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

carols of the fishers

Its been more than a month now ever since I became part of the group called FISHERS of MEN. The choir sings at the chapel of Greenbelt every Sunday. I never thought that being a FISHER would bring me so much wonder. I never even imagined that I would be accepted.

Singing Christmas carols has never been this meaningful. Last December 7 FOM serenaded several families in order to gather funds for the operation of cleft lip patients made possible thru the Philippine Band of Mercy. It was really fun singing with them. Our first stop was at Candy Pangilinan’s house. MM her sister was my classmate at the UST Graduate School. Then we went to Tandang Sora at Coney’s place. Our last stop was at Mrs. Gonzales’ place at The Fort. We also sang for the red company last December 9. I was not able to join them in the two last days of the carolling last December 13 and 14 due to my UST DWTL commitment. It was really fun to sing but it’s a lot better knowing that by doing it we are able to extend help to the needy.

I am really blessed to be a FISHER!

No comments: