TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO

Monday, September 15, 2008

chapters

Its been quite sometime ever since I became a part of this mystical jungle called life. At times I don’t understand how things come and go or how certain situations happen with or without my knowledge and consent.

When I was still an infant the only things that made sense to me is a bottle of milk, sleeping whenever I want to, and the caress of my parents whenever I cry. As a child, I used to wonder how dolls differ from trucks, jollibee, twirly and hetty or whether Santa would place something nice inside the socks that Mom hanged for me.

As a teenager, I started asking why my classmates have crushes and pimples. I also learned the true meaning of defiance and its thrills. I saw the importance of being in control of oneself as oppose to peer pressure. I slowly understood the value of my choices.

College life was the page where I welcomed young adulthood with open arms. I met people who taught me so much about life. My eyes were opened to the bitter and sweet reality of friendship and falling in love. I also realized the significance of balance. Being aware of it, allowed me to enjoy despite the inevitable responsibility I am faced with as I maintain my Metrobank scholarship.

College graduation opened the portals to the doors of what is and what is not. It urged me to embrace adulthood without hesitation. This lead me to the journey that I never thought I would ever take…. BEING A GUIDANCE COUNSELOR. I used to think that being a Guidance Counselor is easy and that entails a lot of sitting down and talking about anything and everything under the moonlight. But when I chose to be one, I became aware of the rigors of the profession. It requires A LOT OF PATIENCE and I MEAN A LOT! Working, as a counselor, curved me to be a more defined well-rounded adult. I was able to experience the beauty of life thru others. And even if, I already garnered a Masters Degree in Guidance and Counseling…. I AM STILL NO EXPERT, I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!


Tomorrow is my birthday…



And for the nth time I am going to turn a new chapter….

No comments: